Thursday 16 September 2010

Avoid Blogger Burnout: 5 Tips to Save Your Sanity

Michelle — definitely agree.

It’s only when you embrace that you dont really have contol that you gain freedom to be yourself and let yourself flow where your interests take you. If it’s not working, don’t force it … Not only will it show in your content, you also won’t be having a fun time.

Steve

September 4th, 2010 3:04 am

It is easy to blog at first. You have all that pent up desire, energy and ideas. Over time it becomes harder as you have greater amounts of material written it becomes harder to write and not become repetitive.

#3 is one of the best ways to overcome this issue. A well thought out plan for you blog will help a lot.

Thanks for another great post!

Stacy

September 4th, 2010 3:48 am

This is a great post, all points are excellent! I don’t think that anyone can do everything all of the time so planning a schedule and being patient with yourself is really important!

Hokya

September 4th, 2010 4:10 am

Great points

and also have a clear-headed when things go out of plan

Dave Schulz

September 4th, 2010 4:39 am

Thanks for another great article!

I cannot emphasize enough how important pre-planning is. Take time to sit down and think before you get your hands to it. Otherwise it is like shooting a film without a script.

With kind regards,
Dave

Nancy

September 4th, 2010 5:30 am

Solid points! Especially #3. Planning is huge.

As an extension to #5 – Don’t be afraid to take control of your comments.

A lot of my worst days are days are related to bad comments — random people attacking me or my opinions.

I used to keep all of those nasty comments up. I thought people would respect me for not censoring anyone. Then I realized that comments like those weren’t helping anyone. They made me feel terrible, and they also stifled conversation.

So I deleted them. Not only did it feel great, but it got conversations going again. Win-win.

This might not be an issue that beginners have right away. But it’s bound to happen — one day they’ll get a comment that makes them question why they put so much effort into blogging in the first place if they’re just going to be insulted by strangers. If a comment is bad enough that it makes you feel like giving up, delete it! Because some comments just aren’t worth keeping.

Stuart Laing

September 4th, 2010 6:07 am

Great post Georgina,

These are important points to bear in mind when you feel overwhelmed by the amount of work required to create a successful blog.

When you begin a new blog the initial wave of energy allows you to produce three high-quality posts every day, but unless you can sustain that pace over the long-term it’s counter-productive as it sets the expectation of your readers artificially high.

I also agree with Joshua that it’s important to blog when you have something of genuine value to share with your readers. If you focus on your blogging schedule to the exclusion of your core blogging message, there’s a risk of turning something you love into a chore. Poor quality grudge posts don’t provide value for anyone.

One of the chief driving forces behind my blog is to provide valuable information to help other people achieve their online goals.

Another way that I motivate myself to keep blogging is to view the stats as a game. I love testing things to see what works and doesn’t work to improve my blog stats.

- Stuart Laing

mike kirkeberg

September 4th, 2010 6:17 am

Like it. Expecially the parts about downtime (which I need) and bad days (Of which I have a few lately).
Mike

Chris

September 4th, 2010 7:18 am

Thanks Georgina. This covers about my first 5 days. Any suggestions for day 30

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment